Thursday, July 26, 2007

I am home!

I cannot wait to post about my amazing experience at the conference -but unfortunately it will have to wait another day -
I just wanted to write a quick note to say I caught that 'bug' or the food thing going around the conference.
I became violently ill Monday just about the time the meal was being served at the closing dinner.
Thank heavens another Leader from Western PA - Karen and her husband were on the same shuttle to the airport - same flight - and amazingly we were assigned to the same row on the plane. They were wonderful - got me on the plane and off and to the curb to meet Jim.

Marilyn was so good to me in the morning when I woke up - tried to help pack me and gave Claire breakfast -and I could not have made it to the shuttle without her and Nancy - "I needed help"!

More when I am better - still unable to eat -
Karri

1 comment:

Rieko S from JAPAN LLLleader said...

Hi!
I received an E-mail below.

Chicago Department of Public Health
Date of Publication: 7/26/2007


La Leche League Conference Survey

The Chicago Department of Public Health is investigating reports
of illness related to the La Leche League Conference held in Chicago on July
20-23, 2007.

Your contact information was provided to us by the La Leche
League for the purpose of further investigating these illnesses.

If you attended the La Leche League Conference, please take a
moment to complete an online survey regarding any illness you may have
experienced, attendance at specific conference-related food events, and any
other food establishments visited.

Please complete the survey even if you experienced no illness
related to the conference.

Please be assured that all information you provide will remain
confidential and will only be used for public health purposes.

The survey can be accessed at
http://survey.chicagohan.org/HAN/CDPHSurvey.nsf/
If you have questions about the survey, please call the
Communicable Disease Program at 312-746-6034.

Please forward this email to any other conference attendees who
may not have received the email. We appreciate your assistance in this
investigation.